When it comes to eating brunch, Avocado Toast must be one of the most ordered items. Ever. It is so satisfying due to its balanced amount of fats, but, at the same time incredibly healthy, that it’s without a doubt one of those recipes that should be added into anyone’s repertoire. The other day, I tried to give it an upgrade by adding other yummy ingredients and it came out so good that I decided to share it here with you. Believe me, my Avocado Toast with Caramelized Mushrooms recipe is out of this world.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it takes less than 15 minutes total. Chopping, cooking, mashing. It is a great alternative when coming home hungry and trying to stay on track because it is easy to prepare yet, super healthy! In Ayurveda, foods can easily be poisonous if they produce digestive issues, and avocado can be a little too heavy. However, by adding the spices I suggest below, you will make sure it is properly digested.
AVOCADO IS GREAT
Avocado is great for your skin and hair due to its nourishing properties. It is a great source of vitamins and Omega 3 fatty acids. That’s why I try to eat at least a couple avocados per week. It is also important than you have it with a whole grain bread to receive the most Prana or vital force out of it. My favorite is Ezequiel which is a sprouted type, which means that the grains in it have been allowed to germinate before being milled into flour.
Now, the mushrooms and the caramelized onions really make my Avocado Toast with Caramelized Mushrooms recipe divine and fit for any vegan King. Or Queen. Okay, without any further delay, please check the recipe instructions below. Try to choose all of them organic if possible.
Avocado Toast with Mushroom and Caramelized Onions
- 2 slices of whole bread. Toasted [ 2 rodajas de pan integral. Tostado]
- 1 small ripe avocado cut in slices [aguacate pequeño y maduro cortado en rodajas]
- ¼ tsp black pepper [pimienta negra]
- A pinch of turmeric [pizca de curcuma]
- ¼ tsp cayenne [pimienta roja]
- ½ Tbs olive oil [aceite de oliva]
- ½ tsp nutritional yeast [levadura nutricional]
- 2 cups of mushrooms. Your favorite kind. [champinones de tu tipo favorito]
- ½ tbs coconut oil [aceite de coco]
- ½ tbs garlic [ajo]
- ½ red onion. Cut in fine slices. [cebolla roja cortada finamente en rodajas]
- Salt to taste [sal al gusto]
- Warm a skillet over high heat. Add the coconut oil. When it is hot, add the garlic, onion, and half of the spices.When the onion is transparent add the mushrooms. Saute for 5 more minutes until onion is caramelized and mushrooms are tender and nicely browned. [Calienta una sarten a fuego alto. Agrega el aceite de coco. Cuando el aceite esté caliente, agrega el ajo, la cebolla, y la mitad de las especias. Cuando las cebollas estén transparentes, agrega los champiñones y saltea por otros cinco minutos o hasta que los champiñones estén caramelizados]
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, put the avocado, the rest of the spices, olive oil, and the nutritional yeast. Mash the avocado and make a paste. [Mientras tanto, en un recipiente pon el aguacate, el resto de las especias, el aceite de oliva, y la levadura nutricional. Haz un puré con todos los ingredientes]
- Put the avocado paste on top of the toasted whole grain bread slices. Top with warm mushroom and caramelized onions. [Pon el puré de aguacate encima de las tostadas de pan. Pon encima los champiñones y las cebollas caramelizadas]
Please let me know how you like it in the comments section below.