Summer is almost here!
And with it comes more opportunities for having cool and light dinners in our patios.
This recipe is perfect for one of those evenings when you want to prepare something quick, easy to digest, and perfectly refreshing for the hot weather.
This recipe is prepared following Ayurvedic principles and is:
- High in plant based protein
- High in fiber
- Gluten free
- Satisfying and full of flavor
- Great for Meatless Mondays!
Vegan Zucchini Boats
- 1 organic zucchini
- 1/2 cup freshly cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1-2 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- Halve zucchini lengthwise and use a spoon or measuring spoon to scoop out the seeds and some of the flesh. Set aside.
For the filling;
- In a bowl, add the chickpeas, the cilantro, mint leaves, olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon, avocado, and salt and pepper to taste.
- With a fork, mash all ingredients.
- Divide the filling evenly between the zucchini boats and top with more cilantro and nutritional yeast.
- Enjoy with a cup of moroccan tea.
Vata: Add a little bit more of oil and cooked red onion to the filling.
Pitta: This is a perfect food for Pitta!
Kapha: Add roasted garlic , red ground pepper, and parsley.
Monica Gisella xx