Frequently asked questions
If you need an immediate answer to a quick question about Prana app, one of our programs, products, or services, or anything related to Ayurveda and your holistic wellness journey, we are here to help. Find what you need by using the FAQs search box below or browse our extensive blog resources here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- After these steps are done, you will be able to activate the program that speaks to you and your specific goals and the workout intensity you prefer.
- We take about a couple of hours to create your menus and workouts and will email you when they become available on Prana app.
- Your program will start the following Monday at 12AM EST.
Upon becoming a Premium Prana App member, you will gain unrestricted access to ALL our programs and ALL our extensive array of features.
Yes. As you evolve, you will want to try different programs. Nevertheless, when you fall in love with a specific program you can always repeat it over and over again. In this case, you’ll be basically choosing the same structure and style, but will receive different meal and workout plans every time.
First, be proud of yourself and assess your progress and goals. Then, continue your healing journey by activating again a Prana program.
Here are some prompts to help you determine the optimal choice for you:
- Did you stick to your meal and workout plans consistently? If not, how did that impact your progress?
- How is your digestion?
- How is your elimination?
- Have your fitness goals changed (get lean, gain muscle, maintain)?
- Do you need to take a week or two off before starting your next program?
- What lifestyle adjustments can you make next time to ensure your commitment?
This is a time to reflect and calibrate. Oh! and remember to update your Program Preference Questionnaire (PPQ) before you start your next program.
We are committed to enhancing Prana app and love receiving new ideas, specially if they come from our beloved members. Our goal is to help you live more intuitively. Hence, any app feature that can facilitate that, is something we would always be open to. Please email us your idea at email@example.com. Although we can’t promise every idea will be implemented, we always appreciate your opinion.
If you have already purchased the membership and taken the PPQ, then this is what you need to do:
- Activate a program and indicate your desired workout intensity level for that particular program.
- Wait a couple of hours to receive access to your doshic meal and workout plans.
- Before your program starts on Monday, take some time to familiarize yourself with the menus and recipes, complete your grocery shopping, and read through our nutrition guide. These steps will help you prepare and ensure a smooth start to your journey.
- Get to know your workout plans and read our fitness guide. Do you need to make any time adjustments to fit in your workouts each day?
- Watch our resource videos.
We recommend that you take your time to navigate Prana app and become familiar with all the features available exclusively to our Prana members.
Yes! If you want to get the Prana experience at no cost, follow our 7-day FREE program. You just need to download the app for FREE to get your Ayurvedic meal and workout plan for your body type. Many of the app features will not be included in this version, but you’ll notice the healing effects of this plan on your body and mind in just one week. Plus, it will help you take the next step and decide on what program to enroll after.
Knowing previously about Ayurveda is NOT a requirement to become a Prana member. We will help you get to know it, practice it, and become familiar with the most important Ayurvedic postulates. Your best bet, if this is the case, is to start with our Intuitive Living program for a seamless transition.
Yes. Although we focus on women and our branding reflects that, you are always welcome to join Prana app as a man. Our personalization features consider this important factor to provide you with meal plans that work for you and your constitution.
Absolutely. Prana app provides you with the tools (nutrient-dense recipes, sufficient amounts of protein, calorie counting, comprehensive workouts, and lifestyle changes that support recovery) you need to help you achieve your fitness goal.
Yes. We believe portion control is an essential component of a healthy plate. To offer you a precise idea of your portion sizes, we do calorie counting for you, which translates into exact measurements of each ingredient to help YOU achieve YOUR fitness goal.
This is a highly customized process as we consider your age, gender, height, current weight, level of activity, dosha, and program you selected to define the number of calories you require each day.
We accommodate the following dietary preferences:
As you change programs, you can also update your dietary preference.
We are very proud to say that we provide you with new menus EVERY WEEK!
Unlike most apps offering meal plans, with us, you won’t get tired of eating the same recipes for a whole month. We believe this is important to keep you engaged and motivated with delicious, nutrient-dense, varied meals.
That is not a problem.
To help you eat what you like, besides customized menus, you will also have access to hundreds of yummy, Ayurvedic-inspired recipes for your body type that you can choose from to replace a meal that is not appealing to you.
We cater to the following dietary requirements:
- Red meat
- Tree nuts
Coming soon, with Prana app, you will be able to swap ingredients in your recipes to make your menus as enjoyable as possible.
Soon, a dedicated folder will be created exclusively for your most loved recipes, allowing you to access them whenever you desire.
Yes. But it is optional.
It is a week-long nourishing detox plan created using Ayurvedic principles to get you ready and reset your metabolism before your program starts. As a side note, Ayurveda recommends a mild cleanse at the beginning of each season.
Yes. To keep things fun and balanced, you’ll have access to libraries with fascinating recipes, including snacks, teas and adaptogenic drinks, desserts, and post-workout (Ayurvedic) smoothies.
Of course! With Prana app, you will be able to adjust the portions of a recipe to cook it for your loved ones.
Coming soon, to adapt to your lifestyle and keep you accountable, you will be able to log when you eat out.
Our Prana workouts are created for Vata, Pitta, and Kapha body types, taking into account time-tested Ayurvedic principles about fitness and the doshas.
Moreover, they include different sessions like prep sessions to warm you up before training or grounding sessions to calm you down and ensure your doshas don’t get aggravated by exercising.
Coming soon, you will be able to easily mark it to reflect you are skipping it. This can keep you accountable, but also help you better organize your week.
This upcoming feature is set to become one of our favorite additions to Prana workout experience. Soon, you will have the ability to effortlessly rearrange your workout sessions according to your schedule, empowering you to stay committed and maintain consistency in following your plan.
We offer different workout intensity levels per program, from light to regular to intense.
Refer to our programs to determine which intensity level is the most appropriate for you, your dosha, and age.
Every TWO WEEKS you’ll get new workout plans. This is an effective approach as it helps you to get familiar with the exercises in your plan, practice progressive overload, and improve your fitness, stamina, and endurance before switching to a new workout module.
Of course. You can do them both at home OR at the gym.
You’ll need basic equipment to complete your fitness sessions, like a set of dumbbells, a yoga mat, a bench, or a booty band, among other simple items. Therefore, you can do them wherever you want.
Prana app stands apart in its holistic approach to wellness.
While many apps focus solely on nutrition and fitness, Prana app embraces the understanding that true health is a symphony of multiple aspects of one's being. We recognize that your lifestyle choices and emotional well-being are intimately interconnected with your physical health. That’s why, in Prana app, we dive deeper by acknowledging your Goddess Archetype – an embodiment of various facets of femininity – which helps us to craft rituals for you.
These rituals, along with tailored nutrition and fitness plans, and lifestyle guidance, harmonize your body, mind, and spirit, guiding you on a more authentic and integrated path to wellness. With Prana app, you're not just enhancing your health; you're embarking on a journey of self-discovery and holistic transformation.
Yes, we will definitely take your dosha or body type into consideration, but our approach goes beyond just pacifying the doshas.
In Ayurveda, the term 'dosha' refers to elements that can become imbalanced and is often translated as 'that which darkens'. While it is important to address any imbalances, at Prana app we embrace a more positive and empowering approach. Alongside considering your dosha, we also focus on your Goddess Archetype, which celebrates and exalts the inherent strengths, power, and beauty within you.
By integrating insights from both your dosha and Goddess Archetype, we create a more balanced and uplifting path that not only addresses potential imbalances but also empowers you to harness your inner strengths and realize your full potential. This dual approach makes your journey with Prana app a more transformative and positive experience.
Unveiling your inner goddess is an enchanting journey of self-discovery, and Prana app is here to guide you through it.
We have meticulously designed the Goddess Archetype Quiz, a special tool within our app, that will not only help you uncover which goddess archetype resonates with your innate strengths and qualities, but also determine your dosha.
By taking this quiz, you'll embark on a path that connects you with the divine feminine within, empowering you to embrace your unique attributes and flourish in your personal and spiritual life.
After taking the Goddess Archetype Quiz, you'll unveil the essence of your Goddess. This will provide you with a more profound understanding of your intrinsic qualities and how they can be harnessed for personal growth.
Furthermore, you will receive your Doshic Blueprint, which gives you an in-depth analysis of your Ayurvedic body type. This is integral to understanding how your physical and mental constitution can be balanced for optimal health and well-being.
Yes. The Goddess Archetype Quiz will offer you tailored lifestyle guidance that align with both your Goddess Archetype and Doshic Blueprint. Whether it's nutrition, fitness, or emotional wellness, this guidance is doshic-tailored to support and nurture your unique path.
Because these insights serve as a compass, guiding you through a transformative journey that harmonizes your mind, body, and soul, they will always remain available in your profile.
Yes. From the very moment you open Prana app, you’ll be greeted with an uplifting positive affirmation to set the tone of your day. We believe that words have power, so, we encourage you to write down the affirmation or repeat it throughout the day.
You can get the Prana experience for FREE, with our 7-day FREE program. You’ll get an Ayurvedic meal and workout plan for your body type. Many of the app features will not be included in this version, including calorie adjustment, but you’ll notice the healing effects of this plan on your body and mind in just one week. Plus, it will help you take the next step and decide on what program to enroll next. After the 7 days, you will lose access to this program.
Our FREE program is only available for a 7-day period. During this time, you’ll be treated to a sneak peek of the Prana experience. Included in this program is a mini detox, and an Ayurvedic meal and workout plan tailored to your body type.
In addition to the 7-day FREE program, Prana app offers several other complimentary features. You will always have access to the Goddess Archetype Quiz, which helps you identify your current doshic aggravation and understand its impact on your health and well-being. Moreover, you can enjoy daily affirmations that set an empowering and positive tone for your day, along with other valuable resources available at no cost.
Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine that originated in India over 5,000 years ago. The term “Ayurveda” is derived from two Sanskrit words: “Ayu” which means life, and “Veda” which means science or knowledge. Therefore, Ayurveda can be translated as “the science of life.”
Ayurveda is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit. It aims to promote good health and prevent illness by maintaining this balance through proper diet, exercise, and lifestyle, as well as the use of herbal remedies.
Ayurvedic practices often include a combination of dietary changes, herbal treatments, yoga, meditation, and various other practices like massage and cleansing therapies, all tailored to an individual’s unique constitution and health needs. As an integral approach to health, Ayurveda doesn’t just focus on treating symptoms but aims at addressing the root causes of diseases and imbalances. It emphasizes the importance of maintaining harmony with nature and living a balanced life in both physical and emotional aspects. In recent years, Ayurveda has gained global recognition as a complementary and alternative form of medicine and wellness
Doshas are fundamental concepts in Ayurveda that represent the three primary energies governing the physiological and psychological functions of the human body and mind. The three doshas are Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, each composed of two of the five basic elements: ether, air, fire, water, and earth.
- Vata (Air and Ether): Vata is associated with movement and governs functions related to the nervous system and circulation. When balanced, Vata promotes creativity and flexibility, but when out of balance, it can cause anxiety and issues with the digestive system, like gas and bloating.
- Pitta (Fire and Water): Pitta is associated with metabolism and transformation. It governs digestion, absorption, and temperature regulation. When in balance, Pitta leads to intelligence and contentment, but an imbalance can cause anger and inflammation.
- Kapha (Water and Earth): Kapha is associated with structure and stability, governing growth, and adding bulk to bodily tissues. When Kapha is balanced, it manifests as love, calmness, and forgiveness. However, when it’s out of balance, it can lead to lethargy and excess weight.
Understanding your unique combination of these doshas is key to adopting an Ayurvedic lifestyle tailored to your specific needs for maintaining balance and well-being.
Discover your dosha. Download Prana app and take our 3-minute quiz to uncover your body and mind type.
Ayurveda is built on a set of holistic principles that work together to maintain balance and harmony within the body and mind. Here are some of the basic principles:
- Five Elements (Pancha Mahabhutas): Ayurveda believes that everything in the universe, including the human body, is composed of five basic elements – ether (space), air, fire, water, and earth.
- Three Doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha): The doshas are combinations of the five elements and represent the body's vital energies. Keeping these energies in balance is essential for maintaining health.
- Agni (Digestive Fire): Agni is the digestive fire that governs metabolism and digestion. A strong Agni is central to processing and assimilating nutrients while eliminating waste effectively.
- Ama (Toxins): When digestion is weak, toxins known as Ama accumulate in the body. Removing or minimizing Ama is a fundamental aspect of Ayurvedic healing.
- Dinacharya (Daily Routine) and Ritucharya (Seasonal Routine): Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of a daily routine (Dinacharya) and seasonal routine (Ritucharya) in alignment with natural rhythms to maintain balance.
By downloading Prana app and taking the Goddess Achetype Quiz. Not only will you discover your dominant dosha and Goddess Archetype, but you will be able to access your FREE program, and get all the insights your quiz has to offer.
The Ayurvedic diet is not a one-size-fits-all approach; rather, it's tailored to an individual's dosha or constitution (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) and aims to bring balance to the body and mind.
Learn more here:
Here are some general aspects and principles of the Ayurvedic diet:
- Dosha-Specific Foods: Depending on your predominant dosha, certain foods are recommended while others are to be minimized. For example, Vata types benefit from warm, moist, and grounding foods, while Pitta types should favor cool, fresh, and mildly spiced foods, and Kapha types do well with light, warm, and spicy foods.
- Six Tastes: Ayurveda recognizes six tastes – sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent, and astringent. Including all six tastes in your meals ensures a balanced diet and helps in satisfying all the senses.
- Seasonal Eating: Eating according to the seasons is important in Ayurveda. Consume foods that are fresh and in season as they are believed to have more prana (life force).
- Agni (Digestive Fire): Pay attention to your digestive fire and eat accordingly. Avoid overeating and choose foods that are easy to digest. Including spices like ginger, cumin, and fennel can help in enhancing digestion.
- Mindful Eating: Eat your meals in a calm environment, free from distractions. Chew your food well and eat at a moderate pace.
- Meal Timing: Have your largest meal at midday when your digestive fire is at its peak, and a lighter meal in the evening.
- Fresh and Whole Foods: Favor freshly cooked meals over processed or canned foods. Choose whole grains, fresh vegetables, and fruits.
- Hydration: Drink an adequate amount of water, but avoid consuming large quantities during meals as it can dilute the digestive enzymes.
Ayurveda generally leans towards a plant-based diet, considering it to be more conducive to health and well-being. Vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, and seeds are believed to have a sattvic quality, meaning they are pure and harmonious, and can foster clarity and balance in the body and mind.
However, Ayurveda is a holistic and individualized system of medicine, and it recognizes that different constitutions and health conditions may require different dietary approaches. There are instances in Ayurvedic texts where the consumption of meat is mentioned as being beneficial, particularly for individuals who may need to build strength, are recovering from illness, or are living in extremely cold climates. The emphasis is on moderation and understanding the context in which certain foods are consumed.
In essence, a vegan diet is strictly free of animal products and can be part of a broader lifestyle choice, while a plant-based diet emphasizes plant foods and is often more focused on health. Additionally, it's worth noting that someone can be vegan but still consume processed and unhealthy foods, whereas a plant-based diet typically emphasizes whole, nutritious foods.
With Prana app, you will be able to choose between regular, pescatarian, vegetarian, or plant-based eating patterns.
Ayurveda does not analyze foods based on their protein / carb / fat content.
Rather, it offers an all-embracing approach where the energetic qualities, taste, post digestive effect, and gunas or attributes are considered to determine if an ingredient is a good choice for your body type or not.
Learn more about the role of protein in the Ayurvedic diet here.
Improving our digestion is one of the central focuses of Ayurveda, as it is believed that good digestion is crucial for overall health and well-being. Here are some Ayurvedic tips that can help improve your digestion:
- Eat according to your dosha: Understanding your Ayurvedic constitution (Vata, Pitta, or Kapha) can help you select foods that are more harmonious with your body type. For example, Vata types might benefit from warm, moist, and grounding foods, while Pitta types may find cool, fresh foods more balancing. Discover your dosha today.
- Mindful eating: Pay attention to what you eat. Avoid distractions like TV or phones during meals. Chew your food thoroughly to aid digestion.
- Eat in a calm environment: Creating a calm and peaceful environment for your meals can facilitate better digestion. This includes sitting down to eat, taking your time, and perhaps saying a word of gratitude before your meal.
- Proper food combining: According to Ayurveda, some foods digest well together while others do not. For instance, combining dairy and fruit is considered to create toxins in the body. Learn more about food combination rules here.
- Practice stress reduction techniques: Stress can greatly impact your digestion. Engaging in stress reduction practices such as meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises can be beneficial.
To learn more, read the Ayurvedic Tips for Better Digestion Guide.
Prana app’s concept revolves around this vital life force. Prana is a Sanskrit word that is often translated as “life force” or “vital energy.” In Indian philosophies and Ayurveda, it's considered the essential energy that permeates all living things, giving life to the physical organism.
Prana is not just the physical breath, though it is closely related to breathing. It is the subtle essence that moves and animates life. Within the human body, prana is thought to flow through a network of subtle channels known as nadis, and is often associated with the chakra system, which is a series of energy centers located along the spine.
In yoga and Ayurveda, regulating the flow of prana is considered crucial for maintaining health and well-being. Various practices such as pranayama (breath control exercises), yoga asanas (physical postures), meditation, and dietary guidelines are used to balance and enhance the flow of prana.
Prana is also a concept found in other traditional systems of medicine and spirituality, and is akin to what is known as “QI” or “chi” in Chinese medicine, or “ki” in Japanese traditions.
Understanding and working with prana is considered fundamental in achieving a state of physical, mental, and spiritual balance and vitality.
Prana app aims to guide its members in harnessing and balancing their own prana through Ayurvedic practices, personalized nutrition, fitness, and mindfulness techniques. By engaging with Prana app, you are encouraged to tap into this essential energy, fostering a sense of vitality, well-being, and harmony in your life.
The holistic approach adopted by Prana app acknowledges the profound connection between prana and one's overall health, and offers tools to cultivate and nourish this vital force within.
Increasing your Prana energy is about cultivating and balancing the vital life force within you. Some effective ways to enhance your Prana energy include breath control, healthy eating, meditation, nature connection, and adequate sleep.
Read How to Increase Prana: Tips to Have More Vitality to learn more.
In Ayurveda, a healthy fitness routine is not just about physical exercise; it encompasses a holistic approach that aligns the body, mind, and spirit. Ayurvedic principles for a healthy fitness routine include:
- Understand your dosha: Knowing your dosha (Vata, Pitta, or Kapha) is key. Different doshas have different needs when it comes to fitness. Discover your dosha today.
- Mindfulness and breathing: Be mindful during exercise and focus on your breath. This helps in connecting the mind and body, and in enhancing the flow of Prana.
- Balance intensity: Avoid extreme intensity. Overexertion can deplete your energy and unbalance the doshas. Ayurveda suggests a moderate and balanced approach to physical exercise.
- Listen to your body: Pay attention to your body’s signals. If you feel pain or extreme fatigue, it’s a sign that you need to adjust your routine.
Read Fitness and Ayurveda: An Exercise Guide For Your Dosha to learn more.
Didn't find the answer to your question?
Ayurvedify your life
DOWNLOAD PRANA APP
Get access to all programs and features.
Enjoy unrestricted access to all our programs, wide range of customization features, on-demand workouts (coming soon!), and much more to personalize your healing journey to your body type like never before.
RISK FREE, CANCEL ANYTIME!
$99.99 Annually ($8.33 per month)