Hot chocolate is one of those recipes that makes me feel happy and cozy instantly! Specially during the cold days, it’s a great addition to your breakfast or as a snack. It gives you energy and releases the “feel good” chemicals in your body that boost your mood. I wanna show you, though, how to make the vegan and healthy version. This is my Hot Vegan Chocolate elixir!
You know what? I used to drink hot chocolate a lot, almost daily. My mom used to prepare it with regular milk and I used to break up a lot with it! Once happy day, I started practicing Ayurveda and noticed the big improvement in my skin by just changing this one ingredient. Now, I use non-dairy milks like Soy, Almond, Coconut, or even Hemp Milk.
But wait! There is more. The quality of the chocolate you add to your Hot Vegan Chocolate is really important if you wanna keep the extra pounds away! I use organic cacao powder. Nothing else is added, just the cacao. This is such an upgrade from the regular version because, my Hot Vegan Chocolate really increases your energy making you able to perform better at sports and be more mentally focused
Finally, I add to my Hot Vegan Chocolate cinnamon and cloves, spices which are fantastic at burning fat. So fear not drinking my best hot chocolate version! It will actually help you loose the extra pounds by giving you more energy and increasing your metabolism. Plus this amazing drink is so full of antioxidants, it will help you slow your aging process and improving the condition of your skin.
HOT VEGAN CHOCOLATE
- 2 Dates [ Datiles]
- 1 Cup non-dairy Milk [ Leche Vegana]
- ½ Tbs Organic Cacao Powder [ Cacao Organico en Polvo]
- 1 Cinnamon Stick [ Astilla de Canela]
- 2 Cloves [Clavos]
- Cut the dates into little pieces [Corta los dátiles en pedacitos]
- Blend the milk, the dates, and the cacao [Licua los datiles, la leche, y el cacao]
- Put this mixture in a pan at medium heat [Sirve esta mezcla en una olla a fuego medio]
- Add the cinnamon and cloves [Adiciona la canela y los clavos]
- Heat until it reaches desired temperature [Calienta hasta que tenga la temperatura deseada]
This Hot Vegan Chocolate is a great addition to your vegan recipes repertoire. I really hope you love it! Let me know what you thing in the comment section below 🙂