Not only is this tea heavenly delicious, but it brings all the adaptogenic benefits of shatavari and ashwagandha in one cup.
But, first…What is an Adaptogenic? It’s a drink that helps your body relax and your mind react better to stressors. It rejuvenates your tissues and acts as a tonic that nourishes deeply your system.
Shatavari is an excellent tonic herb revered in Ayurvedic tradition. It’s fantastic on the reproductive and nervous system and acts as a rejuvenative. Don’t add if you are presenting signs of mucus, toxicity in the body, or aggravated Kapha.
Learn more about your body by taking the UNHEALTHIEST HABIT QUIZ! And receive 3 tips to heal now!
Ashwagandha is a great addition to our adaptogenic tea. It gives you vitality and helps with sexual debility, aging, overwork, insomnia, weak eyes, fatigue, and infertility. Again, don’t add it in the presence of ama – undigested toxic waste – or congestion.
AYURVEDA ADAPTOGENIC TEA
- 2 cups your favorite plant based milk
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp shatavari
- 1/2 tsp ashwagandha
- Bring the milk to a light boil
- Add all spices and turn the heat down to a low
- Cover the pot for 5 minutes
- Strain the herbs and pour the milk into your favorite mug
- Add the shatavari and ashwagandha last
- Maybe some maple syrup to taste for Vata and Pitta? Honey for Kapha.
- Drink slowly, tasting all of the amazing flavors 🙂
Monica Gisella xx