Once you start making the decision to eat less meat or even go vegan, it may be a little daunting to find good alternatives to your favorite foods.
You may even find some good ones in internet but, they require a lot of prep time or difficult ingredients.
This Tofu and Mushroom Vegan Eggs recipe, however, is simple yet, immensely satisfying for your belly.
I’m sure you’ll love it!
The truth is that eggs are one of those foods you don’t really wanna give up!
They are great for breakfast and protein packed…but what about if I told you that you can still eat a pretty amazing dish that resembles all of that and that tastes great, and it is vegan?
This Tofu and Mushroom Vegan Eggs recipe is to die for!
I’ve even done it for my mother-in-law, who by the way is not vegan and loves eating eggs, and she approved it! She’s now even cooking it herself.
This meal is easy to make, super yummy, and the best part is that it is so healthy for you.
I use Tofu instead of eggs.
I know there is so much discussion about soy products, and some people avoid them completely, but… think of this: traditional cuisines, like the Japanese, incorporate soy very often in their cooking.
And they are recognized as one of the healthiest people on the planet!
The thing is not to overdo it, and that goes for everything in life.
Moderation is key, as Ayurveda teaches us. However, it’s also super important to buy organic tofu!
The Benefits of Tofu
See, tofu has many wonderful health benefits that most people are unaware of!
And they make my Tofu and Mushroom Vegan Eggs recipe incredibly good.
Tofu is an excellent source of protein.
It is also packed with:
- Calcium — good for your bones and your heart rhythm.
- Iron — important to keep your red blood cells and hemoglobin working properly.
- Manganese — which has strong antioxidant power that delays the aging process, decreases inflammation, and regulates blood sugar.
- And, it contains all 9 essential amino acids.
Differentiation is Important
Ayurveda says that you should eat according to your body type!
And tofu is one of those foods that need to be differentiated depending on your constitution.
Eat this recipe with moderation and add mustard seeds, and parsley. Serve the vegan eggs with sauté sweet potato.
If you are Pitta, you can have this delicious recipe every day, if you want! Tofu is cooling, sweet, and astringent, which are the perfect qualities to pacify Pitta dosha. Remove the red pepper, the onion, and the garlic from the recipe. Grilled asparagus are the perfect combination.
Kapha people should have this breakfast for only special occasions. When you do, make sure you add a little of dry ginger and some paprika. Remove the mushrooms. Serve the eggs with grilled broccoli.
If you don’t know your body type, take this test today to find out!
Here is the recipe.
My suggestion: if possible, try to choose all ingredients organic 🙂
Tofu and Mushroom Vegan Eggs
- 1/2 block Firm, Organic Tofu, shredded
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup Chopped coriander
- 1 cup Chopped mushrooms
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Organic turmeric
- 1 Tbs Nutritional yeast optional
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil, the garlic, the onion, the red pepper, and the mushrooms and sauté until the garlic is golden.
- Add the turmeric, nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper.
- Add the tofu and coriander. Mix all ingredients and cook for 5 -10 minutes.
- Serve with grilled vegetables!
- Enjoy with a warm cup of matcha tea 🙂
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do.
Let me know how you like it in the comments’ section below!