This is a great recipe to prepare today. Yummy. Simple. And no one will notice it is vegan 🙂
VEGAN PUMPKIN PIE
- 1 can organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Vegan Pie Crust
- Vegan Whipped Cream optional for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a pie crust in a pie plate.
- Add the canned pumpkin, coconut milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt and cornstarch to a blender and blend until very smooth. You may also simply whisk it together in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch pan lined with a pie crust. I don’t pre-cook the pie crust. Spread the mixture evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 1 hour. The middle will still look jiggly; that’s normal. Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then cover and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice and serve with Vegan Whipped Cream or store bought non-dairy whipped topping, if desired.
Lots of love and light! xx